Bandwidth Usage tracking by SIM IMSI number

Hi

My clients that I sell Pepwave units to are superyachts that change SIM card often as they move between countries (mostly sailing around the Mediterranean) - would be great if the Pepwave could:

• Remember the bandwidth by SIM IMSI number instead of SIM A or SIM B
  • display the total perhaps as a bar like a fuel gauge on the dashboard? Or a figure under details could be good too
  • If the data could be persistent, so the SIM could be swapped in & out & carry on where it left off would be ideal
    (perhaps this could be achieved by: on insert of new SIM, sync to InControl previous SIMs IMSI number and bandwidth used. Next check with Incontrol if there is existing usage data for the newly inserted SIMs IMSI number that is within the current billing period, if so download the figure and continue where it left off)

E.g. sailing between france & italy sometimes just a few days apart back & forth, using 2 or 3 SIMs that have say a 3GB limit on them per month makes bandwidth tracking difficult currently.
(the current bandwidth monitor just does the total for all cellular connections regardless of which SIM is used)

Thanks

Mike

• Remember the bandwidth by SIM IMSI number instead of SIM A or SIM B

I believe this is sames as this one here.

• display the total perhaps as a bar like a fuel gauge on the dashboard? Or a figure under details could be good too

Total bandwidth usage I suppose?

• If the data could be persistent, so the SIM could be swapped in & out & carry on where it left off would be ideal

This would be cellular profile plus cellular usage per SIM IMSI. You see, we had in mind that in most application, there won’t many SIMs, so the cellular setting and usage is not per IMSI, but this is something to think about.

Hi Kurt

Thanks for thinking about this - in Europe the largest traffic plan you can get is 10GB per month, some of my clients use approx. 30GB per month, so they are using the dual SIM functionality and running multiple 10GB plans to be able to fulfill their data requirements. I appreciate that in most environments the SIM probably isnt changed very often so it wasnt looked into at design time.

Thanks

Mike

In regards to:

Total bandwidth usage I suppose?

This would be the total data usage on that SIM, so you can see how close you are to reaching your traffic limit set by the ISP (at which point the client is either disconnected from the internet entirely or slowed down to a near useless speed by the ISP so its quite important here)

thanks

Got you. Thanks for your elaboration, Mike. Now it is just a matter how many of us want this.

Hi Kurt - the Pepwaves are the only 3G/4G routers that don’t have SIM profiles - all the Huawei routers, Option routers, Lancom & Cradlepoints already have this, so you may find that asking the existing client base doesnt help because those that needed it have already bought another brand that supports it.

I believe having a profile by SIM IMSI makes good sense. It is just that we have quite a number of feature requests lined up, and with new ones coming in every day, we need to sort them in line and deliver them in an orderly manner.