Bandwidth Peplink 380

Please.

I have a Peplink 380 which have two wan links and load balancing.
I have a camera system that is accessed externally and also sends the videos to an external server. For external access created a nat rule (NAT Mappings).
The problem is I can not control the band and he ends up using all of it to send the information to an external server. Nor can I know which ports it uses.
I tried QOS, Outbound Policy and Inbound Access, but nothing worked. I’m probably doing something wrong and would appreciate a help to solve this.

Thanks

Roger

Hello,

“The problem is I can not control the band and he ends up using all of it to send the information to an external server.”

1. You can control the bandwidth of that camera by QoS>(Adding to QoS group staff or guest). Then set the applicable up/down bandwidth limit under “Individual Bandwidth Control”.

“Nor can I know which ports it uses.”
2. To see which ports the camera is using you can check by Status>Active Sessions>Search: Define the applicable IP address. You will be able to see what the source/destination ports are.

NAT Mapping will forward all ports over the specified Public IP to that specific device (To set specific ports, use port forward rules to lock down specific ports inbound to the camera).

Outbound Policy rules will let you control how you would like traffic routed from the camera out to the external server. In your case I would use Source IP or Mac Address of the camera. If by source ip, ensure you have created a DCHP reservation for that device. Typically for this type of service you will want to use the priority algorithm which will force this stream out through a specific WAN and the subsequent WANs on the list will be used for fail-over purposes.

Hello.

Option 1 I’ve tried but failed.
I put the IP in guest group and set the least possible bandwidth to test but failed. He continued using all the bandwidth.
Thanks.

Hello,

Please open a ticket here (https://cs.peplink.com/contact/support) for further investigation.