Bandwidth Control from (Private) InControl

Hello, I’d like to request an ability to see if bandwidth controls have been put in place from InControl (without having to login to each device).

We actively monitor 4G data usage on behalf of our customers and as devices near the limit we take action to reduce the bandwidth, to slow down their connection. It would be helpful if we could see at a glance which devices had their bandwidth restriction in place, using InControl.

As an extra feature, being able to turn off bandwidth control for a selection of devices from InControl would also be helpful - saving us from having to remember which devices we’d applied the restriction against and then logging on to the device again on the 1st of the month to remove the restrictions.

We can’t leave these settings turned on, as the majority are used as rental / temporary devices, so their location and even the customer might change from month to month.

If you’d like more information about why we’d like this, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your suggestion. Your information are enough. We have put your suggested feature to our IC2 roadmap.

Here is the UI design. There will be a page which will list all devices with cellular WANs, from top to the bottom. For each device, all cellular WANs and the WANs’ existing bandwidth allowance settings will be listed. You could see all of the devices’ bandwidth allowance setting at a glance. You will also be able to make changes on the one single page. What do you think?

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to read my topic on the forum. I think your suggestion would meet the requirements.

Many thanks,

Steve Taylor
Service Delivery Manager

[cid:[email protected]]

Unit 4 Clyst Works
Clyst Road
Topsham
Exeter
EX3 0DB

T: 03333 442125
E: [email protected]
www.grapevineconnect.co.ukhttp://www.grapevineconnect.co.uk/

This email is intended for the addressee(s) named above and any other use is prohibited. It may contain confidential information. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender by return email. Grapevine Connect Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message if it has reached you via the Internet. Any opinions expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily endorsed by Grapevine Connect Ltd. Recipients are advised to apply their own virus checks to this message and all incoming email on delivery. Grapevine Connect Ltd may monitor email traffic data and also the email content for the purposes of security and staff training.
Grapevine Connect Ltd is registered in England and Wales No: 9979144.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post on the forum. I think your suggestion would meet the requirements.

Many thanks,

Steve Taylor