Bandwidht Limits When On Cellular

It would be VERY cool to be able to have bandwidth limits when I failover to cellular. No limits when on my regular WAN connection, just when it fails over to cellular (which typically has costs involved when there is a lot of usage).

I know there is a way to accomplish this with Speedfusion and limiting the single connection - but that is too complicated - looking for a simple way, as I am sure others are as well.

1 Like

Hello Michael,

You can limit the cellular bandwidth by enabling Bandwidth Allowance Monitor in the Cellular settings.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t think I was clear. I am looking to limit the upload/download speeds to say 200K or less. Enough to check email, not enough to stream (but only on cellular).

3 Likes

We have also had requests along these lines in order to ensure data caps aren’t met too early in the billing cycle and to keep the data usage rate in check. Is there anything like this on the roadmap?

1 Like

I would also like for this feature to be added

1 Like

Still have a need for a feature like this.

In firmware 8.1.1 , we have added Bandwidth Download/Upload value for the Cellular WAN. For detail info, you can refer to the released notes for firmware 8.1.1.

Please check the screenshots below on how you can enable the download/upload value:

With the Cellular WAN download/upload value defined, QOS features will now applied to Cellular WAN :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:.

P/S: The only problem that user need to take care is to define the correct “available bandwidth” for the downloads/uploads value. If the wrong value defined, the QOS features may not work as expected for the Cellular WANs

3 Likes

Any way we can reduce bandwidth speed when users are near their datacap.
If we have them on a 25gb plan I’d like to throttle around 20-22 so they know they are reaching their limit.