Band scan and info function

I just upgraded my RV full timer setup to a Max Transit Duo. It would be very helpful to see a scan function that will report the active bands and RSRP on each modem. It’s very time consuming to do this manually each time I relocate.

5 Likes

On a Duo that is a three click process, Click details on modem 1, click close, click details on modem 2.
Are you asking for a specific view of just the signal info for both modems?

Sorry, I misused the term active. I meant available bands. Basically, when I relocate I often find it useful to manually lockout high congestion bands with strong RSRP that the auto select function will latch onto.
On my previous MOFI 4500 there was a function that would scan through the bands on the radio for the provider sim inserted and report which ones were being received and the RSRP. I lock each one individually and run speed tests to fine tune for best performance.
With the Transit I need to write down the current band and secondary band info under details, use custom band selection and uncheck them. Then I apply it and repeat the process until I can no longer connect. I then enable those bands I wrote down one at a time and run speed tests and lock to the ones with the best performance. Then repeat the same process on the second modem for another wireless service provider.
It would be nice to have that info available under the details tab so I could just test them using the custom band selection without needing to use the process of elimination to find them and write them down.
Thanks.

2 Likes

+1!

I would love the same feature. Also using a MAX Transit in an RV application and often need to manually tweak the band selection. This feature would help tremendously.

1 Like

Here’s an example of what a scan on a MoFi router gives you (from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEUniVG3oLc). Even without any styling it’s still very useful, and having a single scan spit out what it captured at the time is far better than manually toggling off bands, waiting for a soft reset / reconnect, etc.

This obviously pushes you to try band2 (which is generally a good idea) - only 3db less than b12 but more bandwidth, and far more bandwidth than b5. If b2 was -130 or something then things are different.

Similar request made previously here:

3 Likes

Put me down for a vote on this feature. Just got my BR Pro 5G working and would love to see what bands are available, not just the ones currently connected, including 4G vs 5G. Currently trying to trouble shoot why the BR1 is only connecting to LTE even though low band 5G NSA is available and connected on my iPhone, would like to see if its even seeing 5G and preferring not to connect or being forced to connect to LTE.

More diagnostics the better

Add a vote for me, along with the ability to prioritize which bands are connected to

I don’t think it’d be possible to prioritize - band allocation happens at the tower level. You can disable a band so your device doesn’t report to the tower that you support it, or allow it to be advertised as available.