Balance Two - recurring expenses (IC2)

Looking down the road a bit: What will be the USD cost of an annual IC2 subscription for Balance Two devices? [We really like the throughput specs on the Balance Two]

Z

The first year, IC2 is included with warranty. The following years would most likely follow the pricing model listed here (considering its not a switch):

https://store.peplink.com/cloud-solutions/central-management.html

IC2 is well worth that price, imo. Especially if you just have the two devices.

-Tim

1 Like

Our students really like working with IC2 (we have a globally distributed lab setup with networking equipment, lots of it being Peplink devices). We are considering adding Balance Two units to the inventor, but are (as is usual in an academic environment) concerned about recurring costs.

We hope the Balance Two IC2 subscription (post-warranty) will be priced like the Balance One, but worry that it might be more like the higher-end (e.g., Balance 380 etc.) subscriptions, which cost substantially more per year.

Cheers,

Z

1 Like

My mistake, you are correct. The IC2 is part of the warranty for the Balance Two. (https://store.peplink.com/1-year-extended-warranty-for-balance-two.html)

It is still cheaper than the Balance 380. :smile:

-Tim

1 Like

@zegor_mjol, we heard :ear: you loud.

It is now available to be purchased via our online store or from our certified partner. Hope this helps. :wink:

3 Likes

excuse me. IC2 subscription for each balance model are not the same price ? How much for 1350 model ?

Hello @cyberjom,
The IC2 Subscription is only available for a select range of models.

Please contact your local Authorised Peplink Partner for further help.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Does the plain Incontrol subscription allows me automated to install firmware updates on the Balance Two? Does it need essential care coverage to get help by support, additionally? Or can you ask as many tickets as needed with just Incontrol 2 subscription?

automated firmware updates sound like a bad idea…

1 Like

Firmware updates do not require any kind of subscription - it is all posted: Firmware versions

W.r.t. tickets, I am not up-to-date w.r.t. what Peplink promises, but my experience is that they are very responsive to ticket submissions, regardless of status (I have had good responses w.r.t. units that were woefully out of warranty). And a good (peplink) partner is good to have.

Z

1 Like