Balance SDX Pro - New to Peplink (Disappointed) so far

New Peplink.

Purchased 30K worth of equipment and so far beyond disappointed.

I have installed the Balance SDX Pro with EXM-4F and EXM-2X5G modules. I also purchased (3) 24 port Peplink switches.

Unboxing, literally no quickstart guide, no download this app, no get started, nothing… started searching online and found some information. I setup the InControl account and added the devices.

Day 1 - I was looking good. Other than not have a clue how to use InControl or any other GUI, I was getting through it. I was showing the router and the switch online in InControl.

Day2 - Both switches show offline. I have no idea why, I have no clue what to look for. I have activity lights on both SFP ports on router and switches. I am sure this is a configuration issue. I just have no idea how to find it. I am connected with SFP and fiber between switch and router.

Day3 - I am unable to get any help. I have no idea how to contact tech support. I have submitted a ticket who sent me to Certified Vendor. I have recieved a call from someone who told me my issue was a SIM card. No even close to the issue.

I need someone who knows the GUI and how to setup some basic configurations to get this thing going.

Any tips appreaciated.

Hello there!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with these products as they’re very powerful and capable!

First, maybe great to reach out to the supplier who provided you all the products. They should be capable of showing you have to do it all.

Second, most configurations (VLAN, SSID etc.) we recommend doing via IC2. This means all devices gets their configuration from the cloud when online.

So, get everything wired up, don’t configure anything on the devices until you’re setup you VLANs, SSID etc on IC2.

Then use IC2 to expand configuration (You can even do port configs in IC2).

Get back to this forum if you still have issues getting help.

I actually just got the switches to come up after doing a factory restart. Do you have any pointers on how to use IC2 for setting this up ?

Here’s some youtube videos to help you out,

This by the way was a quick google search to find above.
Lots information online if you keep searching.

Best is still to reach out to the company you purchased from and have them assist you in setting this up over the phone, or even in-person.

Cheers