Balance one wan individual bandwith limit

I see there is an option for Individual bandwidth limit, so my understanding is everybody would have the limit set for upload and download - I do have fiber 100Mb/100Mb so for 60 clients connected to that fiber what would be the best limit? Mixed clients phones and PCs.

thank You

Unless you are doing 4K streaming, the majority of video streaming (large data transfer) can function without buffering at about 8 Mbps. Some video sites use multiple data connections running concurrently, so you could do 15-16 Mbps and cover that base. Large file downloads (non-video) will “work” at any rate, so the 15-16 Mbps would work fine for them too.

Is that limit set per day or per hours - how it works?

That limit is per second. At any given point, the client can only consume 8 Mbps.

Sometimes thinking of data flows as a liquid helps. You can limit the amount of liquid to a “bucket a day”, but you can also limit the liquid to “a quarter turn of the faucet”. The bandwidth limit is more of the faucet type of limit as opposed to a total amount dispensed.

I hope this helps.

thank you so much

well I set 25 / 25 and did speed test … it showed me 100 /100 is that right?

my understanding is if I set up individual bandwidth limit to 25/25 speed should show me 25/25 not 100/100

unless I am missing something

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Below are my quick test results.

Setting:

Test results:

My i know your device firmware version ? We have similar fix for firmware 7.1.1 for the “Individual Bandwidth Limit”

Then something is wrong. I have thsi set up:

and my speed from any pc is 100/100 anyway its not 25/25 any thoughts?

firmware 7.1.1 build 3775

@MST, please ensure the IP address of your PC is under which User Groups. Ensure it is out the Manager Group.

that chnages all, yes dang it. I better create vlans and assign subnets = vlans according the guide ehhhhhhhh my mistake. sorry