Balance One SFC Zoom rules

I’m using the latest beta in my Balance One, trying to best utilize 2 wireline ISP (bonded via SFC - WAN 1 & 2 ports), with a mobile hotspot router as failover (via the USB Mobile Network port). So far, the Balance One is the most awesome piece of networking gear I’ve ever worked with, and I started in '80, so I’ve seen a lot of stuff. Networking isn’t my specialty, but I understand the concepts and have a lot of experience.

What I’d like to do in my configuration that I haven’t been able to get to work is this: I want (for starters, at least) to send all Zoom traffic from a single Windows PC (let’s call it “ZoomPC”) over the SpeedFusion Cloud tunnel and exclude all other traffic from that device (and all other devices) from the SFC tunnel. I’ve gotten close - only ZoomPC traffic enters the SFC tunnel - but, so far, every rule combination I’ve tried allows other traffic (browser and Dropbox, for example) from ZoomPC into the tunnel, as well.

Thanks!

Mark

Did I perhaps post this to the wrong area in the forum?

Please post a screenshot of your rules.

Cheers,

Z

1 Like

The above is the Outbound Policy rule that I expected to handle the traffic. With this rule alone, no traffic ever goes through the SFC, so it seems to do nothing. If I add the ZoomPC client’s MAC address under “Connect Clients to Cloud” under the “SpeedFusion Cloud” tab, ALL traffic from ZoomPC goes through the SFC, so the rules still seems to be doing nothing…

I would recommend setting “destination” to any/any.

Cheers,

Z

1 Like

If I change destination to Any, I lose the deep packet inspection options that allow me to set the protocol for the Zoom Application settings

Ah, I see. The DPI piece is beyond the scope of my competence, but the restriction to only deal with sessions going (destination) to the SFC server seems to defeat the purpose restricting sessions going to the Zoom servers - the latter will not fit the trigger set up by the former.

Cheers,

Z

1 Like

Well, apparently, this isn’t possible. I sure thought that somewhere in the full scope of Outbound Rules this would be possible, but it doesn’t seem so. Is this something that Peplink would be will to consider as a feature request?

(FWiW, I did open a support ticket on the issue, and eventually they forwarded the question to the reseller I purchased my Balance One from, and I haven’t heard from him…)