Balance Bandwidth Allowance Monitor Issue

With Comcast beginning their trials of charging for excess usage, I have setup the Bandwidth Allowance Monitor on my Balance 20. I have it set to disconnect Comcast, and use the WAN 2 connection once the bandwidth allowance is hit. The second link is from a company that has inferior, but adequate speed, compared to Comcast, but it does not have a usage cap as of yet.

However, I have found that I cannot set the date my bill cycle begins!!

My Comcast bill cycle begins on the 29th of the month, and ends on the 28th. In non leap year February, my bill cycle with Comcast begins on the 28th of February, and ends on the 28th of March.

I can set the bill cycle date to begin on either the 28th or last day of the month, but with Comcast putting in a 350 GB cap and usage sometimes hitting 50 GB a day on peak days, I do not think that is a very effective approach.

The Peplink Balance does not allow for this.

Perhaps I should contact customer support, and request that a change be made to the firmware, but I am new at this (this is my first posting to the forum), and thought I would throw this out to see if anyone might have a better idea.

Hi Eric,

Welcome to our Forum and thanks for the post. Since leap day only happens once every 4 years I recommend to just use the 29th of the month as your bill cycle start date. This way you only need to worry about this once every 4 years and only for a single days usage.

Thanks,
Tim

If I could use the 29th, I would, and I would not worry about one month out of 48 months. However, my only possibility is either the 28th, or the last day of the month. It does not allow one to choose the 29th.

I see what you mean now. I am going to move this thread over to the feature requests for the team to see. I guess for now your best option is the 28th.

Much Thanks!