Balance 580 uncommanded reboots

Hello,

We have a network of mixed 580 and 710 units spread across six locations, all running firmware 5.4.9. In each location we have two units in master/slave configuration.

Something odd is happening with (some of) our 580s in multiple locations. They are randomly resetting themselves, often multiple times per day.

Here are the relevant event log entries from one system as an example:

[TABLE=“class: stat_table, width: 634”]
[TR=“class: zb2, bgcolor: #E6E6E6”]
Jan 5 11:52:34
System started
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Jan 5 06:36:19

System started
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Jan 5 06:08:56
System started
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TR=“class: zb2, bgcolor: #E1F1FF”]
Jan 4 23:46:59
System started
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Jan 4 18:13:36
System started
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

These resets were not performed manually and there is no problem with power stability etc. Other equipment in the same racks connected to the same PDUs has uptime of months.

In my own location, we have two 580s. I tried switching the master/slave roles around to see if it was a hardware fault - but the same issue is occurring in the former slave hardware when it is the master.

Not all of our 580s are showing this problem, but we do see it in our two main sites (naturally!).

Has anyone seen this before? It is affecting our users and it doesn’t make my recommendation that we buy Peplink (lots of Peplink!) look very smart right now :slight_smile:

Hi Standbythree -

We have seen something similar to this before. It was caused by route conflicts across SpeedFusion peers. Basically, multiple Locations having overlapping internal subnets causing route confusion. I am not sure if this is causing your issue but something to look at. I would also recommend starting a support ticket with Peplink directly so they can take a deeper look and help find a solution. this can be done here.

Thanks
Mike

Reboot automatically is an unexpected behavior. Please contact us via here with turn on Remote Assistance and Diagnostic Report