Balance 504D 4G WAN's low signal failover

We have a Balance 504D running with 4 x Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G as independent WAN’s.

My question is, if you run all 4 on priority 1 (without speedFusion) will the Balance failover from one WAN to another if the active one has a low signal?

How does it detect this? I have read something about a default algorithm that does a latency test of the 2nd or 3rd hop and chooses the WAN with the lowest latency.

Not sure if this is applicable in my instance and if so, where can I check it?

You control the way the balance uses the WANs with outbound policy. That is where you pick an algorithm that fits your use case. Default is weighted balance where the first 10 sessions go out via WAN 1, the next 10 via WAN 2 etc.

Since its all cellular, I would use Synergy mode to make them visible in the Balance UI (makes things easier to manage), then use lowest latency load balancing I expect - but it really depends on the characteristics of each cellular connection - how much bandwidth they have, what the individual link packet loss and latency looks like.

No it won’t - unless you have it setup in Synergy mode so the balance sees them as cellular connections, and only then if you set a low signal threshold limit on each modem.
If you’re not using synergy mode then you’ll need to set this on each BR1 Pro 5G individually.

With a threshold set, if teh signal drops below it, the WAN is marked as unhealthy and is not used for user traffic. If it’s set on the BR1 pro 5Gs, then the balance will use another healthcheck type (DNS lookup, ping) to determine that the BR1 cellular is unhealthy and so mark that wired WAN as unhealthy.