Balance 380 - Would like to mix public ip and dhcp - questions

I have a Balance 380 and have two WAN connections. The first uses static IPs with a subnet of 255.255.255.224 (.193 - .222). The second uses DHCP.

I’m trying to set up the Balance so I can use it as a DHCP server, with the majority of my workstations using DHCP IPs, but with some using static IPs from WAN1.

I am able to set up the Balance without the DHCP server enabled so that all workstations use public IPs. This works fine, but I really would like to utilize the DHCP server.

I am also able to set it up with DHCP enabled, but can’t seem to set it up so that any of the static IPs work. Is this possible?

Also, when I set it up with DHCP, I use a subnet of 255.255.255.0, but I get an error that the subnet must be within the subnet of my WAN (.224). I changed the subnet of my WAN1 connection to .0 so that I can use the same subnet for my DHCP.

I’m hoping I can mix public and DHCP (even for a short time) so I can complete the switchover more gracefully. Eventually I won’t use any public IPs and will rely only on the DHCP server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Darin

I saw this note: Peplink | Pepwave - Forum

Is this the only way to accomplish additional static hosts using the balance?