Balance 310 -- Maximum Throughput

Hello everyone,

I’ve been using 310 for about two years now and love it. But I recently, and finally, got a fiber optic internet connection with a speed of 200Mbps Down – 25Mbps Up.

My question is:

Does the 310 allows speeds over 100Mbps since it is mentioned in the “Balance Model Comparison” webpage that the 310 has a Router Throughput of 100Mbps.

Thanks,

The WAN to LAN router throughput rating is based on the sum of your simultaneous upload and downloads for all WANs. The 200 Mbps fiber optic connection exceeds the capacity of your Balance 310 which can lead to undesirable behavior.

The newer Balance 210/310s (HW revision 4) will see a performance increase with the upcoming 6.2.1 firmware.

1 Like

Thank you Ron for the quick response.

This is old, but I didn’t see it elsewhere…

The newer Balance 210/310s (HW revision 4) will see a performance increase with the upcoming 6.2.1 firmware.

What was this increased to? I see 80Mbs as the only reference? If it’s 80 now, what was it before?

@Osensnolf, I think this forum thread is refering to the firewall/router throughput. Balance 210 Hw4 supports 350Mbps firewall/router throughput and 80Mbps PepVPN throughput.

1 Like