Balance 305 Speedfusion licenses

Hi ! I have two Balance 305’s HW2 setup with Speedfusion.

One is “defined” as a HUB and have only one WAN connection.
The other is “defined” as a remote site with 3 WAN connections.

Seems remote site have problems connection Speedfusion via more than 2 WAN’s at the same time. Do we need some extra licenses ?

The 305 should support 2 SpeedFusion peers with bonding. What firmware are you running? have you included all the available WANs in the speedfusion profile so they get bonded?

1 Like

Running 7.1.0

Yes all 3 included in PEPVPN configuration.

As you see I also tried to force the port used to TCP/32015-17. If I do some changes I can see all 3 coming up ( green ) then it seems that always one of the them ends up in red status. Normally it seems to be the one with highest latency.

All as priority 1 is the right thing (so they get used simultaneously within the tunnel).

The WAN status for LTE Telenor says WAN Down - that means the WAN is unavailable and can’t be used to send traffic, that’s why its not being used.

Have you tested just load balancing on the B305 and tried to saturate the links with speedtests? What happens to the LTE links then? I suspect the latency on one or both to sky rocket when under load.

SpeedFusion needs links that are relatively similar (in the terms of latency and capacity) to successfully bond them together. If the latency rises too high on a LTE link under load, SF will stop using it for traffic until the latency drops again. Generally around 300ms of difference between the links is supported - although you can set that manually.

1 Like

Hi ! Think I found the issue. On WAN2 and WAN3 we had used the same linknett toward Digi LTE boxes. Changed one of the linknett and it seems to be stable now. Probably it does not like seeing the same ip arp toward two different mac’s.