Balance 20 USB cellular dongle not connecting

I have a Balance 20 router. I’m using Exede satellite internet as my primary ISP into WAN1. I have a Verizon USB730L plugged into the USB on the front of the Balance 20. I’ve used the setup wizard and done a custom setup, but I must be missing something. When logged into the Balance 20, under “mobile internet” is says “connecting” but never connects.
I know the verizon device works because I can plug it directly into my computer and get it to work great.
I’m so thankful for any help please.

I just connected my phone to the USB on the Balance 20 and set my phone to USB tether and it immediately connected and started working! Getting closer? Now why won’t the Verizon Dongle work???

Hi. Is APN or any another information required that you’ve not entered?

Good that you’ve checked the modem in a computer and know it “works.”

And, is this on the list of presently supported modems at https://www.peplink.com/technology/4g3g-modem-support/? (If not, don’t worry. Peplink will help – read the page.)

1 Like

Thank you so much for this link!
It can be so hard to find the right place to get info that actually pertains to the product I want.

I updated the firmware and IT WORKED!!!

One more thing if you don’t mind:
Mobile internet is set at “Always On” along with the satellite ISP. The sat will often slow down, but not disconnect, so it doesn’t trip the failover. How would you set up these two ISP to give the most consistent connection to the end user?