Balance 20 e-mailing false alerts of WAN down

We have a Balance 20 HW2 with an extremely annoying problem. About once each minute it sends a false e-mail alert such as this one:

This is an automated message generated from StC (Peplink Balance 20: 1824-9677-XXXX running 7.1.0 build 3504).
Wed Jul 11 10:51:26 EDT 2018
Current health status for all WAN:
Comcast TP-Link TC-7620: Disconnected
_Sprint 4G: Connected (IP: XX.XX.XX.XX.XX) _
Peplink | http://www.peplink.com
Jul 11, 2018

This is well beyond annoying now. We’re getting about one e-mail each minute! Importantly, we’re checking the health of that WAN and a PepVPN to this router with Multi-Ping and there are NO health problems associated with this WAN. This is corroborated by checking the iOS “app” and also the B20’s log. The WAN is healthy.

Here’s what we’ve done to stop the flow of nuisance e-mails:

1. Turned off the e-mail notifications (did not work).
  2. Rebooted the router (did not work).
  3. Even turned WAN health checks off (also did not work.)

We have ticket 785172 presently open with Peplink for other issues (see previous postings regarding a myriad of debilitating issues with this product. In the interim, I’m wondering if any of you folks may have any ideas we may try to stem the tide of nuisance e-mails. Any thoughts?

Look like this is the e-mail notification from 1824-9677-XXXX. However, the device reported in the ticket#785172 with serial number 1824-C660-XXXX. Just want to ensure are we looking into the same device.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi TK. 1824-C660-XXXX is the correct SN associated with this ticket and remote assistance remains on. I copied the information in my original message directly from one of the e-mails I received. I have no idea why the device identified itself as it did.

Here’s a message just received:
This is an automated message generated from StC (Peplink Balance 20: 1824-9677-XXXX running 7.1.0 build 3504).
Thu Jul 12 03:31:57 EDT 2018
Current health status for all WAN:
Comcast TP-Link TC-7620: Disconnected
Sprint PC4P: Connected (IP: XX.XX.XX.XX)
Peplink | http://www.peplink.com
Jul 12, 2018

UPDATE AND A NOTE TO CONCLUDE THIS THREAD: This issue was resolved. With the able assistance of @TK_Liew and his associates the issue was found to be an artifact of the troubleshooting process. Importantly, it was neither a hardware or firmware issue with the Balance 20. Nor was it an issue with the configuration of the router. Rather it was a “one off” occurrence which is unlikely to occur again. [I just mention this to close this out. There are so many interesting threads where the resolution is/was unknown – I don’t want to be “guilty” of that. :smirk: If any questions about this, just PM me.]

1 Like