Balance 20/30 - DHCP Reservation Import

When upgrading hardware from one Peplink device to another, configuration files are not always compatible. Even older versions of the same product’s (eg. Balance 30 Hardware Version 3 in my case) configuration file may not be compatible with the latest version of the same product. This makes upgrading to new hardware cumbersome

Ideally, it would be nice to have a configuration file converter, or to have the software for new devices recognize configuration files from older devices. Assuming that is complicated to do correctly, a simpler approach is to streamline one of the more cumbersome parts of manually setting up a new device, which is porting the DHCP reservation table.

In the current interface, there is a way to export DHCP reservations as a CSV.

I would like to request a way to import DHCP reservations as well.

Hi,

You can import the DHCP reservation list by copy & paste the exported CSV format data into the CSV format view. Just save the settings after pasted the CSV format data & apply changes. By doing this, you should able to get the DHCP reservation list into the device.

Thank You

Unfortunately, this does not work when I try to do this. I followed the steps you describe:

1. Paste the DHCP reservation list into the CSV format view.
  2. Click on “Save” button
  3. Click on “Apply” to save settings.

When I reload the page, the DHCP reservations have not been saved.

My Balance 20 is running firmware 6.3.2.

Can you confirm that you are able to make it work?

Evening
This is along the same lines as the CSV imports for port forwarding and firewall rules which we have mentioned in the past
https://forum.peplink.com/threads/6733-Exporting-amp-Importing-Firewall-Rules?highlight=CSV+import
Thank You

Please use the below step:

1. Paste the DHCP reservation list into the CSV format view.
  2. **Change back to “Normal View” ** (Make sure the DHCP list is added)
  3. Click on “Save” button
  4. Click on “Apply” to apply the settings.

Thank You