B-One USB speed?

Does the USB-C port support higher throughput than the B20x?

Hi Warren,

Yes, B One USB-C ports is faster as it supports USB 3.0, while B20x supports USB 2.0.

2 Likes

Can you reveal what the throughput limit is for a Max Adaptor with the (USB 3.0 port) B One? I’m asking because even though the B20x is USB 2.0, my experience has been that it will only pass a fraction of USB 2.0 speeds. 100Mbps appears to be the limit.

Hi Warren,

do you mean MAX Adapter 5G ?

We have tested it long time ago in our lab and connecting directly to 5G base station we got ~1Gbps download throughput, thus I do not think there is a limitation on the MAX Adapter side.

To answer your concern, there is no 100Mbps limitation with B One and you should be able to reach 5G speeds. There will be a limitation on the B One CPU and the limit is somewhere at 500-700Mbps.

2 Likes

thanks. will this updated cpu/chipset/usb 3.0 end up in the b20x as a new b20x hardware revision?

Hi Mystery,

as far as I know the plan is to focus on B One and offer B One as a B20x replacement.

1 Like

ok so if someone wants cellular they would have to use a usb max adapter? or are you saying there will be a b one with cellular soon?

Hi Mystery,

there will be a B One with embedded cellular as well. The release date is not defined yet, but it should come soon as soon as we finish with all certifications :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, do you know what the temperature range will be for that one?

Operating temperature range for B One 5G should be:

• 40° – 113°F / - 40° – 45°C
2 Likes

Any idea if this is likely to be weeks or months? The reason I ask is I just got notification that my existing router is now EOL so the clock is ticking for me, I’d love to get a B One 5G and can hold out for a few weeks as there are no open CVEs for the existing unit.

Related question, does the B One use an X65 based modem?

Hi Andrew,

we are in the final stages with B One 5G and preliminary it should be released in April, worst case May.

B One is using x62 based 5G modem.

3 Likes