Authentication Errors On New Samsung S5e Tablet

We’ve been using a Pepwave Surf SOHO for five, virtually trouble free years. We just bought a Samsung S5e tablet and found that it will not connect to the Pepwave. We have eleven other devices set up to connect to the Pepwave and all do so without trouble. The new S5e tablet connects to other routers/hotspots with no trouble.
What set-up parameters should I be examining/changing? Am afraid to start changing stuff willy-nilly in the Pepwave because it’s running well and serves all of our internet connectivity needs - except the S5e.
Any guidance?

Can you find the SSID in the wifi scan list? If it’s already there, can you select it and click on ‘Forget’, then retry to connect? Is there any error mesage?

Can you find the Samsung under the Client List?

Under your AP settings, did you set a Restriction Mode?

2 Likes

Thank you for your response.

I did not. However, DHCP Server is enabled and I have entered the MAC addresses for all authorized devices. I’ve tried to connect without DHCP Server being enabled and it still gets the Authentication error. All other devices connect if their MAC address is entered and do not connect if their respective MAC address is not entered in the DHCP table. This may not be the best way to invoke a restriction, but it has always worked.

Thanks,

The DHCP Reservation isn’t (or should not be) a restriction.

Just to double check possible causes, did you choose the correct Security Policy and Encryption on the tablet? And double check if it’s the correct password/key?

Under your AP - Settings, you can click on the blue question mark to get some extra options. Did you maybe fill in a maximum number of clients 5 years ago?

Then a final option could be to upgrade the firmware to a latest version:

You mentioned you have this Surf Soho for 5 years already, I suspect this is HW Revision 1, so the latest version is 6.3.5.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

Under your AP - Settings, you can click on the blue question mark to get some extra options. Did you maybe fill in a maximum number of clients 5 years ago?

My Pepwave Surf SOHO does not appear to offer that option. When Wi-Fi AP Settings is expanded via the blue question mark, this is what appears.

In any case, I replaced one of the current clients with the new tablet’s MAC address and it still would not connect.

*However, when I established a new SSID (2002 Affinity 1) the Samsung S5e would connect to that. *

As far as I can determine all Wi-Fi AP Settings are the same for both SSID’s except that I used the Access Control Settings feature rather than the DHCP
Reservations.

When I select “Check for Firmware” the response is “No update available”.

Thanks again for following up. At the moment the new tablet connects under the second SSID so I’m working OK.