AT&T USB Modems

Peplink lists a variety of USB Modems from AT&T that will work with the Balance Routers:
[TABLE=“class: tablepress tablepress-id-74 modem dataTable”]
[TR=“class: row-71 odd”]
AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
Sierra Wireless
4G LTE, 3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[TR=“class: row-83 even”]
MiFi Liberate
Novatel
4G LTE, 3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[TR=“class: row-84 odd”]
AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G
Sierra Wireless
4G LTE, 3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[TR=“class: row-160 even”]
AT&T USBConnect Turbo
LG
3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[TR=“class: row-161 odd”]
GI 461
Option
3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[TR=“class: row-181 even”]
AirCard 881U
Sierra Wireless
3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[TR=“class: row-182 odd”]
Compass 885
Sierra Wireless
3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[TR=“class: row-183 even”]
Shockwave
Sierra Wireless
3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[TR=“class: row-184 odd”]
USB 305
Sierra Wireless
3G
AT&T (US)
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

But, none of these seem to be current AT&T products. They list for sale today:
AT&T Beam
AT&T Unite Pro
AT&T Unite
AT&T Velocity
Does anyone know if any of these will work with the Peplink?

Hi,

We are trying our best to support new 3G/LTE dongle in the market.

If you having problem with these USB dongles, please open ticket for us to follow up. We are ready to help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

All of the AT&T dongles cost about the same. I’d like to buy one and get it working on my Peplinks. Would you recommend any one of them over the other-meaning, i’ll buy whatever you tell you me to if you think one would be better.

Hi,

You may get comment from AT&T since 4 of them are looking great. We should not have problem with all these dongles if driver is available.

Thank you.

I’m also trying to find an AT&T 3G/4G LTE (dual band) USB modem (not hotspot or aircard) on your compatability list. (I intend to use a Surf SOHO router, but the compatibility list appears to be a common list for all your products and agrees with what the OP has posted above.)
So the question is, if on 3-17-2015 you claim he should not have a problem, why have the current AT&T modems, such as “Beam,” not been added to the compatibility list?** The only one on the list that meets my requirements is the USBConnect Momentum 4G, and AFAICT, AT&T hasn’t sold it for 3 years so I’d have to buy on Ebay or something and use one of their “use your device” programs. That’s rather awkward, so why not update the compatibility list?

Hi,

We will update our supported list periodically. Our engineering team is working hard to add new drivers into our firmware. If you facing problem with latest firmware, please open ticket for us to take closer look.

This type of fluff response isn’t helpful I haven’t bought the USB modem yet. I only want to buy a modem that’s compatible with your routers. Therefore the compatibility list should reflect the current list of USB modems that work with your routers. I shouldn’t need to contact support to get a device working and possibility have to return it and cancel cell service.

6 months is plenty of time for you to update the list. It’s way out of date, if indeed the claim is that Beam and other current AT&T modems are working with your routers.

Hi,

We are building up the USB modem support list in various ways, one of it is through customer feedback and request, such opening support ticket, so our Engineering Team will analyze the USB modem + carrier combination to provide the firmware that recognize the new device (USB modem) + carrier settings.

Some of the newly added USB modems highlighted below table, and if your desire USB modem is not listed, you may follow the steps here, so our Engineering Team could work it out for you.

Thanks and regards.

Did you read my original post? I want a USB modem, not a hotspot. Those two Aircard devices are hotspots. I also want 3G fallback capability. The only AT&T device on your list that matches is the USBConnect Momentum 4G, which isn’t available any more.

Hi,

We are working on the latest release of the support list. It will be released in very near future. If you are looking at purchasing a modem urgently, please raise a ticket at here, we will match your choices of modem with our work-in-progress list.

Thank you.

I can’t submit a ticket without the serial number - it’s a required field. Since I haven’t bought the device yet, how can I provide a serial number?

The only USB modem that AT&T is currently offering/selling is the Beam, and it is compatible with our products: