AT&T Prepaid 5G SIM Only LTE?

I have a Balance 310 5G with a Prepaid AT&T 5G sim card installed in the device as SIM 1A.

It always connects on AT&T LTE band b2 , however. I’ve tried disabling the LTE bands, I’ve tried changing the APN to nrbroadband, and no dice. When I use nrbroadband I still only connect on LTE. When I disable the LTE bands, I don’t get a connection on that SIM at all.

I know the next question is, do I actually have 5G where I’m at, and the answer is yes, when I go into the field test mode of my iPhone I see that I’m on 5G NSA on n66.

Anyone have any ideas?

Not sure this will solve your issue. But I’m wondering what would happen if you changed to the parameters shown below?
image.png
In this case “broadband” was populated when OP Settings was set to “Auto.” [YMMV.]

I already tried manually changing it to broadband and nrbroadband unfortunately

OK, seems you’ve been quite diligent.
If:
(1) your signal metrics are good (as discussed in other threads),
(2) you are using four antennas,
(3) your FW is current (8.2.1 or 8.3.0RC3) and
(4) your SIM really is provisioned for 5G service
I might suggest submitting a ticket.

FWIW, I mention #4 because we are in possession of an AT&T prepaid SIM that says “5g” on it but cannot be used with 5G pre-paid plans according to AT&T (just an example of one of the nice obstacles the carriers place in in front of their customers.)

Please let us know how this is resolved!

#4 was the next thing to look at. I wanted to double-check for anything else before I decided to attempt to call ATT