Are PepLink Devices FIPS Compliant?

Hello,

I wanted to know if the Peplink devices and PEPVPN are FIPS 140-2 compliant to US Government standards.

I have Balance 1350 and Balance 310 devices.

I read a post from about 2.5 years ago and the answer was no at that time but I found no other discussions on the matter since then. Have changes been made to this?

Thank you for your time,

Roy

1 Like

Yes, we certified for this.

1 Like

That’s good news! Do you have any information on this? I’m sure others searching this information would like some documentation as well. A link to the FIPS certificate(s) or how to obtain one, perhaps? Any information or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Roy

Any updates on this? Possibly a link to the information on your website? I can’t seem to find any information on the main site.

Thank you,

Roy

We are preparing the materials. We will announce this once this was done. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Hello Peplink Team, do you by chance have a FIPS 140-2 Consolidated Validation Certificate stating the Peplink/Wave devices that are officially eligible for certification? We have a client working on a large opportunity and they are requiring this to even be able to consider Peplink as a contender.

I received an update from my Peplink Vendor about the FIPS Certification and I’m currently working with them on getting this certificate. Once I do, I’ll post that information here. Either a link to the certificate or how to obtain it from Peplink.

Peplink has already made the FIPS-validated firmware module updates available for purchase so at this point it’s just a matter for getting a copy of that Validation Certificate.

For now, here is the official webpage that Peplink published to announce their compliance.

Roy

Ok, here we go. The Peplink Devices that utilize FIPS use the CoCo Cryptographic Module by UNIUM. I had to pull teeth to get this information from our Peplink Certified Partner, who in turn had to do the same to get the information from Peplink.

CoCo Cryptographic Module by UNIUM - http://uniumwifi.com/fips/
FIPS Certificate from NIST - Cryptographic Module Validation Program | CSRC

I hope this helps everyone else looking for the same information.

Roy

1 Like

Direct Link to Certificate - http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140crt/FIPS140ConsolidatedCertList0035.pdf

It’s Certificate # 2024 - http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140sp/140sp2024.pdf

1 Like

There is any what’s that fips and how config in case senario ?for governments vehicale?

We have a client that is requesting more information about FIPS compliance with Peplink devices, but I’m having trouble finding comprehensive information on this topic. Is this still valid? If so, what routers are FIPS compatible? Have any devices undergone any new testing and certs for FIPS since the original data published on the HD4 and MK2?

FIPS compliance is a high priority for us as well. Especially for Balance X and BR1 hardware. This is required for government usage here in the US.

Hello @Casey_Dugan and @Noah_Helterbrand ,
Have you contacted your local Authorised Peplink Partner for help on this? They are your first point of contact, and they can push the question up the chain.

It is also possible that one of the USA Peplink Partners here in the community forum may know the answer and will respond.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

I’m a Peplink gold partner actually. Just mentioning the need here to increase the public visibility, I’ve already taken it up with peplink directly several times.

1 Like

Likewise, very interested in this as our main business is Federal. (Watching)