Applyng SSID on Captive Portal in InControl 2.3.0

Hi Community,

I have a problem with the Captive Portal options in the new release of InControl 2.3.0.

How can I apply one SSID on one Captive Portal?

Look at the screenshot:

Thank you for your proposed solutions.

Below is the steps.

1. Create Captive Portal

If you wish to push Captive Portal to AP only

1. Create SSID

1. Verify Captive Portal was applied to SSID

If you wish to push Captive Portal to Max/Balance router only

1. Apply Captive Portal with Untagged Vlan (for example)

1. Create SSID

1. Verify Captive Portal was applied to Vlan

Hope this help.

1 Like

Thank you for this small tutorial.
But in step 2, I doesn’t have the point “Captive Portal Settings”.

How can this happen?

Hi,

May i know do you have any APs added to the IC2 group ? If you don’t have the AP added in the group, the option won’t find the option. In other word, the option only will show up if you have AP added in the IC2 group.

Thank You

1 Like

Yes, three devices are in this group.
I have an other group in IC2, there is the option also not available, but in this group the Captive Portal works. - I created this group before the IC2 Update was released.

Hi,

May i know the device model that added to the IC2 group ? Can you please PM me the devices serial number for me to check ?

P/S:

• The mention option only avaialble/shown when you have PepWave AP products added to the IC2 group (refer If you wish to push Captive Portal to AP only as given by TK Liew above)
  • For MAX devices, the captive portal settings is enable at Network Settings/VLAN Network (refer If you wish to push Captive Portal to Max router only as given by TK Liew above)

Thank You

I have the same issue on a Balance One. What was the resolution?

Please refer here. Please look for If you wish to push Captive Portal to Max/Balance router only after the step 1.

Hope this help.

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem that the captive portal option is nota available in the SSID menue. I use an Pepwave MAX HD2 with his internal AP -NO external AP- so the router and the internal AP are in the same group.
the strange thing is: the SSID is not shown in de portal configuration , but the captive portal is working.
That doesn´t look so good…
where can i find a solution?
Best Kai

For latest IC2 version, captive portal settings for Balance/MAX and APs are configure in different pages. Would you please confirm ? If you have only Balance/MAX device in the group, then SSID captive portal settings won’t shown. That is normal.

MAX/Balance device is configure at VLAN settings:

APs device is configure at SSIDs:

1 Like

Thanks for your advice, finaly I got the captive portal to work without problems, made a two day test and it works fine. It is only irritating that the SSID is not shown as you can see in the picture!

but as it work i will make some test with three devices in the same group.
Thanks again, the manual is not very clera about this.
Best
kai

1 Like