AP One's randomly rebooting

I have a very small installation of 6 AP One’s. Recently, they have begun rebooting randomly. I had upgraded the firmware to 3.3.1 about a month ago, but this just started in the last week. I had also, around 3 weeks ago, updated the config to reboot them once a week on Sunday morning. I’ve looked at all the conventional logs, but nothing really helpful there. How can I trace down the cause of this behavior? IS it a bug in the firmware? I see that 3.3.10 is available.

Thank you for posting your case.

1. When you say AP One, which model are you referencing to, AP One Mini, AP One or AP One 300M?

Model comparison:

1. Are they in the same premise creating a wider range of WiFi network using 6 AP Ones?

2. What kind of channels are they using? Are they using Auto channel selection or static channel?
    If channel selection is Auto, you can try using a static non-overlapping channels such as 1, 6., 11.
    Please see the attached image for your reference.

I will get back to you as far as the 3.3.10 firmware goes. Thanks.

I was not able to identify anything that is related to the issue using firmware 3.3.1. However, if you could please upgrade the firmware to see if you can see any improvements or not, that would be another way to troubleshoot the issue before changing the channels.

The firmware is available from the following link.

Please keep us posted.
Thanks.

Dear Haruki ,

Can you explain a bit the new changes on firmware 3.3.10 ? What is STA RSSI Threshold and STP Support ? Regarding the Antenna gain configuration , do we need to put something in the field ? default value is 0 !

Thanks - Hootan

I’m checking on these with engineering and will get back to you with accurate information. Thanks!

STA RSSI Threshold:

It sets a requirement for the client signal strength before APs allow association for clients. This is useful to prevent clients that are far away from the APs from connecting to the APs because it will degrade performance by clients that receive weak signals. As low signal clients probably use lower data rate on transmission (and use more air time) and most likely more re-transmissions, it can lower the overall throughput of other clients.

STP Support:

The following scenario applies.

AP1 ---- wired ---- AP2
-))))))) WDS ((((-/

It is to prevent looping from occurring in the above topology where WDS is acting as a backup link for the AP2.

Antenna Gain Configuration:

Basically the AP would use this number to "throttle back’ the gain to keep the EIRP in compliance with the region’s standards such as FCC (US) and CE. This function is specially aimed to help customers who want to strictly follow Tx power regulations when antenna(s) are changed. (The input antenna gain will be compensated to lower the “Max” Tx Output Power to compliance with the Tx power limit.) This setting does not change the antenna gain. It is used to identify the gain of the installed antenna(s). The antenna gain value is listed on the user document that shipped with your antenna. If 5 dBi Omni antenna is being used, you can enter 5.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks Haruki for the valuable comments,

regarding the antenna gain , If I understand correctly , when the user is configuring antenna gain , AP One will automatically decrease the power output to comply with FCC rules ? and If the default value ( 0 ) is gonna used , the output would remain at maximum ?

Yes, your understanding is correct.