AP One Mini does not deliver 150Mbps

Hi.

APS have two in my company. A D-Link DIR-850L CLOUD and AP One Mini.

The fact is that the laptops of the company connect the D-Link devices report that we are connected between 120Mbps and 150Mbps and Pepwave is we got maximum value of 65Mbps.

The firmware has been updated to 3.4.1.

Anything we can do?

Thank you.

You will need to make sure 40MHz mode is enabled on the AP One mini.

Dear Tim, thank you for your attention.

Based on his information made several tests and only got access to 150Mbps following the steps below.

1. Setting Channel Bonding to 40MHz instead of 20/40 MHz;
  2. Defining the advanced configuration of SSID Data Rate to Fixed MCS7/54M and Multicast Rate MCS7/54M;
  3. Setting the network interface wifi notebook to operate in Auto instead of 20MHz frequency that comes in its standard configuration.

To my disappointment the rate of file transfer ranged from 1Mbps to 5Mbps which fell short of what happens when I get 65Mbps. Also the connection proved unstable presented some falls and even getting to have the same 65Mbps when operating in 20MHz this.

I can not understand why I can at a rate of 150Mbps D-Link router without changing anything at all in my notebook the wifi adapter and network pepwave needed to achieve this change that ultimately showed no gain.

I stress that we conducted tests on two units pepwave AP Mini One and one unit pepwave AP 300M and came to the conclusion that it can not be problem in notebooks since in all tests the three units had the same “problem”.

We are starting a project that will have 15 undidades of pepwave AP One 300M and if we fail to do the work to 150Mbps pepwave we unfortunately think of another product, although like much of pepwave need this 150Mbps rate as the network is 100 % WIFI.

Thank you.

Hi,
We would like to clarify few matters as mentioned below.

1. In typical environment we suggest to use Auto Data Rate.

2. Which frequency are you using? 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz in AP One mini, AP One 300M, D-Link? It is important to know which frequency that you are using.

Here is the spec of the devices your mentioned.
AP One mini: 11n, Selective 2.4GHz or 5GHz, Theoretical throughput: 150Mbps
AP One 300M: 11n, Selective 2.4GHz or 5GHz, Theoretical throughput: 300Mbps
D-Link, 11ac/11n, Simultaneous 2.4 and 5GHz, Theoretical throughput: 300Mbps(11n), 867Mbps(11ac)

1. What is the brand and model of your Wi-Fi client?

2. What is the test method of the throughput and result of AP One 300M?

Hi,

Here are the answers.

1. It’s what we use, was changed only to force the configuration.
  2. Always running at 2.4GHz
  3. Intel Wireless-N 7260
  4. The method of testing is to copy a 4GB iso file between notebook and server files

Thank you.

Hi rom,

The AP One mini is a 1x1 device and that Dlink is a 2x2 MIMO device, so the PHY data rates and actual throughput will always be higher.

The AP One 300M is also a 2x2 MIMO device and you should definitely see better performance, similar to the Dlink. If not, please open a support ticket and we are happy to take a look:
http://cs.peplink.com/contact/support/

Thanks!