Ap one mini and surf on the go cross features

Hi

We have recently purchased a pepwave on the go for some testing with our users so that they can work remotely using 3g dongles or wifi where available without installing extra software on the laptops that they are issued with. This has been working really well but the one feature that we feel is missing is speed fusion so they have remote lan access without needing to use a seperate ssl vpn connection.

I more recently (yesterday) recieved an AP one mini from yourselves as a gift (uptime on a peplink 380) for which I first of all would like to say thankyou. I must admit I hadn’t seen the spec for the AP one and when I saw it I thought it was a Surf on the Go as its build in the same case with all the same sockets. When I realised it was infact an AP i set about having a play with the settings and was suppised to find that it can do speed fusion which works really well.

Anyway I would like to request that either the Surf on the Go gets speed fusion functionality or the AP one mini gets some of the cool Surf on the Go functionality so it can use a 3g dongle or wifi access points for connectivity with the user connecting to the lan port as this would make both devices really useful for our remote users. Currently we almost need to buy 2 of these per user to get the functionality that we are looking for and with all the cables this would become quite messy.

Thanks
James

Hi James,

Thank you for your request and share your requirement on the application. The SpeedFusion will be supported on Surf OTG in coming new release targeting around late Sept. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Eddy

Hi, any news on when this is due as I don’t see any new firmware available for it yet.

Thanks
James

Hi James,

The firmware 1.0.19 added support with SpeedFusion is under testing right now and will be available near end of next week time frame. If you want, you can download the release 1.0.19 to try prior to our public release.

Thanks,
Eddy

Thanks for getting back quickly Eddie. I’ve just put the firmware on the SOTG and have configured the tunnel but have noticed a small problem in that I can’t configure dns on the dhcp server for the lan on the SOTG and as such I can only connect via the ip address to anything on the other side of the tunnel. I realised that I could use the layer 2 mode but I would prefer to keep the SOTG as the router to the lan.

Hi James,

Understood on the requirement and do appreciate your comment. In such case, you have your own DNS serving the tunneled IP on the other side to ease the access? Please correct me if I mis-understand on the requirement. Would the single DNS option field on DHCP server serve the deployment scenario of yours? We may have this roll into 1.0.19 quick enough before releasing.

Thanks,
Eddy

Hi Eddy

Yeah we have an active directory domain with DNS server behind a peplink 1350. The speedfusion addon to the surf OTG will allow users who work remotely almost all the time to have direct access to the network (for GPO, AD sync, AV updates, etc…), but for this to work we would like to set the Surf OTG to direct users to the DNS server on the otherside of the tunnel, and this is easiest if we can just configure the DNS settings given out by the DHCP server.

Thanks
James

Hi James,

Got what you need. We will manage to add the DNS custom setting on DHCP server in 1.0.19 public release so that you use Surf OTG the way that fit you. Will give you the update when the firmware is ready so you can try it out.

Thanks,
Eddy

Hi James,

Our team has added the DNS custom setting on DHCP server in 1.0.19 and you can download the firmware 1.0.19 build 1090 for trail. Please share with us if you have any feedbacks. Enjoy.

Thanks,
Eddy