AP One Flex LAN Ports: How to Check Operation

Need some beginner’s help. I have a AP One Flex and the WiFi part is working perfectly. I’ve connected a device to the extra LAN2 port and it is not appearing on the router (Balance 210) client list. I cannot ping it either. There are several possible reasons – some have nothing to do with the AP at all. But I want to understand some basics to help troubleshoot. (Note: this AP is mounted in a very difficult-to-get-to spot at a remote location so don’t ask me to move cables around – not yet at least.)

If a device is properly connected to the LAN2 port on an AP One Flex access point…

#1: Will it show up in the AP’s Client List (PEPWAVE / Status / Client List) even if not a WiFi connected device? In other words does the AP Client List show ALL devices connected or just WiFi devices connected?

#2: If the device requests a static IP address and is connected would it show up on the AP’s client list. (Note: many devices with a device-requested static IP address do NOT show up in the router client list even when connected.)

#3: Will changes in the status of this connection show up (e.g., connected / disconnected) in the AP’s Event Log

#4: Is there any way to see how much (if any) data is moving through the AP through the LAN2 port – or would this only appear in the Client List under “TX/RX Bytes (Packets)” – assuming LAN2 connected devices appear in this list (see #1 above).

#5: The LAN2 link status flips between Green (10HD or 100HD) and red (“Down”). What would cause this?

Thanks.

MB

1 Like