AP One Firmware 3.9.3 Now in GA

AP One Firmware 3.9.3 is now available for use in production environments.

To get yours, simply go to the firmware download page and download for your device. The firmware is also available via InControl 2 Firmware Management.

Release Notes

1 Like

Hi Lai,

I’m having some issues with VLAN port tagging on an AP One Rugged: If I set the port type to ‘Access’ for a VLAN other than the Untagged LAN, the connected device obtains an IP from the Untagged LAN network instead of the selected VLAN network. At first, I figured this may be due to the AP being controlled from the 20x and having the operating mode set to: ‘Bridge Mode, without LAN IP address’. This setting appears not to allow creation of LAN IP’s. Therefore, I disabled the Controller Management and placed the AP in ‘Bridge mode’. No luck, still delivering an IP from the untagged network instead of the assigned VLAN for the port. I also tried setting the DHCP Relay Settings within the VLAN settings on the AP to match the balance 20x DHCP server for the respective VLAN and still no luck.

Am I missing something with the new functionality that allows assigning a VLAN to the two extra ports on the AP Rugged? My setup is a Balance 20x connected to a Peplink SD switch Rugged that’s connected to the AP one Rugged. I’m using the 8.4 beta firmware on the 20x with firmware 3.9.3 on the AP. All of my VLAN’s are defined with matching ID’s on the Balance, Switch and AP.

Prior to this firmware update I was using a Netgear 5 port switch to assign port tagging. The Netgear switch was attached to one of the open ports on the AP rugged. Of course, under the previous firmware the ports defaulted to untagged LAN. That setup had the balance 20x set as the controller management for the AP rugged and the connected devices were obtaining the correct network IP based on the defined access ports on the Netgear. Nothing has really changed in my configuration with the new firmware, so I’m not sure if this new functionality is working as it should or if I need to change a setting?

Thanks,
Erik

Hi Erik,

We retested the access port on AP One Rugged and it can work properly.
Could you please submit a support ticket so that we can investigate on your setup?

Thanks,
Lewis

1 Like

For anyone reading this thread and is finding the same issue that I posted. This was user error. I had been using the POE port as the WAN port since the AP was connected to a switch that supported POE. The connection setup was B20x>Rugged Switch (Port POE enabled)>AP Rugged. I was wrongly assuming the POE port would be the WAN port. I suspect these AP’s are typically deployed in a different fashion to what I was using the device for. The new feature in FW 3.9.3 does work. In order to assign the two extra ports to specific VLANs, use the included power cable, and of course, use the correct port for the WAN cable (If I recall, port 1 allows POE and port 3 is WAN).

In the help ticket I did request a new feature to be added to allow the POE port to be the WAN port. I was told it’s a possibility, but low on the totem pole. In order to allow a FW option to re-assign WAN to port 1 POE, it would require significant re-work of the system code that works with the hardware.

1 Like