AP One Firmware 3.9.3 Beta 2

We are pleased to announce that AP One 3.9.3 Beta 2 is now available.

2 Likes

Any update on adding VLAN port tag on AP’s with multiple ports? I opened a ticket last September about this (just after I purchased two AP One Ruggeds) Peplink said it’s in the pipeline. Is there an ETA?

We supported per port VLAN setting in 3.9.3b02 for AP One Rugged HW2, could you please try it and see if it is what you expect?

1 Like

I just upgraded the firmware to 3.9.3b02. Unfortunately after the upgrade, I’m no longer able to gain access to the AP via the ‘Access AP Web Admin’ blue icon from the Balance 20x AP>Access Point>Managed APs. I get a ‘502 bad gateway’ error. The 20x does show that the firmware uploaded and when clicking the ‘AP details’ link it gives me a choice between 3.9.2 and 3.9.3b02 under ‘update firmware’. The 20x allowed me to revert back to 3.92 within ‘AP details’ and I now have access following the blue link icon with 3.9.2 firmware.

Is ‘502 bad gateway’ expected behavior when accessing from 20x, and/or do I need to connect directly to the AP and re-configure after a firmware update? When I have more time, I can do a direct connection to the AP and re-configure if needed.

Good to hear about the update though! I’ll try and test out later. With this update, I’ll be able to remove the Netgear Switches I have right next to the AP One Rugged that are being used for VLAN port tagging.

Hi Erik,

Yes, this is because we enhanced the Web Admin security in 3.9.3 beta. You need to wait for B20X firmware 8.4.0b02 to use the AP Web Admin access from controller.

Thanks,
Lewis

2 Likes

I upgrade the ap one flex hw4 to 3.9.3b02 and all 7 leds stay green?

1 Like

i am having trouble with the transmit power. i select high, boost, or custom (set to 25, 26, etc), and most of the time the AP One AX is only doing 21 db. i have seen 23 a couple times. and 25 dbm once. very strange and issue in prior firmwares too. i have been having issues with clients not connecting or having a stable connection and most of it seems to correlate to the low transmit power.

can you please add an option to disassociate sticky clients based on threshold?

here is a screenshot of what i am talking about from the netgear version of your hardware

1 Like

another feature request: ability to disable the radio (maintenance mode where AP can remain connected but out of service not broadcasting any signal or SSID)

1 Like

Hello Lai,

I am aware that the new AP One Rugged allows us to configure per-port VLANs on 3.9.3 if the Balance is
on 8.4.0 (specifically the 20X). However, while the Rugged allows setting VLANs per port, it does not inherit the list of VLANs from the Balance so that I could choose which VLAN to tag a port. The Settings page only allows for tagging ports using locally defined VLANs – not those from the Balance – so only the predefined “untagged” VLAN is available by default.

Is there a fix for this in the pipeline before the final firmware release?

1 Like

The enhancement to sync the VLAN list from AP Controller to its managed APs (that has per-port VLAN support) will be available on the next 8.4.0 RC.

Thanks for the suggestion.

3 Likes