AP One Firmware 3.9.3 Beta 1 / SD Switch Firmware 1.3.1 Beta 1

We are pleased to announce that AP One 3.9.3 Beta 1 and SD Switch 1.3.1 Beta 1 are now available.

Release Notes

Download the Firmware

3 Likes

Thanks Peplink team! :+1:t2:
Running both firmwares on several APs (Mini and One AX) and 2 SD-24 rugged switches since release. No issues yet and very stable. Great!
Could you please explain, when you recommend to use IGMP fast leave for a port (I asume for trunk ports supplying single non streaming source devices?)? Thanks!

Noone able to answer my question above?

The release notes indicate AX mode can be disabled. I cannot find that in the firmware. Running three AXLite units. Anyone have clues as to how to do this?

Hello @Lai,
As per ticket #23051126, we are aware of an ongoing issue possibly related to the previous versions and this latest firmware version affecting the auto channel selection in the 5Ghz spectrum, resulting in only Channel 36 getting used.

image.png

The current only workaround is to assign a channel to each WAP manually.

From what we are observing, this may be affecting the 5GHz in various Peplink|Pewave models, the official response back from Peplink Support was “This is a limitation of the current AP management logic. A workaround is setting each AP to have a different WIFI channel (please find the attached). I will highlight this to the engineering team again.” What is not clear if the issue pertains to the WAP Firmware or the management of the WAP from InControl2.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The release notes mention fixing an issue with devices getting “No Internet” periodically when the SSID is associated with a VLAN. I get this issue when not using VLAN, and it is happening with this beta 1. We have been seeing this intermittent lack of connectivity since getting the AXLIte units. Previously, we had Eero Pro units in the same spots without issue. Will give Peplink this beta cycle to get this resolved before tossing these units in the dumpster and going to another brand. As a reseller, I deploy new stuff in my house first, before offering product to customers. Clearly these APs aren’t going to be sold to clients until this issue is resolved.