AP One Firmware 3.7.2 Inconsistency with Balance Firmware 8.1.0

Dear Guys,

We have a network contains 5x AC Mini APs with HW1 and firmware 3.6.1 which have been managed by a Balance 305 firmware 8.1.0.

Recently, we have added a new AC Mini HW2 with firmware 3.7.2 but I have many problems and I cannot understand how this new 3.7.2 firmware is working.

Problems:
1- I don’t see the “Keep Defualt IP” setting in the new firmware
2- I cannot login to the new AP console within the balance controller
3- New AP cannot give IP address to clients on different VLANs. Clients freeze on obtaining IP address.
4- I cannot understand the concept behind the new Bridge Mode, Router Mode and Bridge Mode without LAN IP !!

Please advise.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Hootan,

Thanks for your feedback.
For point 1) and 4), we use different presentation for the default IP address. To “Keep Default IP”, you can choose “Bridge Mode”. If you want to remove the default IP address, you can choose “Bridge Mode without LAN IP”. We will see how to improve this configuration in future releases.

For point 2), you should be able to access the 3.7.2 AP WebAdmin in the Controller, but it will not auto login anymore.

For point 3), can you open a support ticket for that? We believe there should be some network setting issue.

Thanks,
Lewis

1 Like

Hi Lewis,

Regarding point 2, I got the point that it’s not auto login anymore, but even I cannot access the web admin after typing username and password. page will refresh and nothing happens.
but when I open the web admin using the own AP IP address, I can login successfully.

by the way I will create a support ticket for this.
Thanks

Regarding 3) I am facing the same issue with clients not getting ip from balance one’s VLAN dhcp on my AP AC One Minis with beta firmware 3.7.3 rc3.
See ticket no. 20100571.
→ We solved this issue: It was due to the fact that the AP was by mistake connected to an „Access Port“ instead of a „Trunk port“ of a managed switch in a VLAN environment. :grinning:
Regarding 4) For me it is still completely unclear, what the difference between „Bridge Mode” and “Bridge Mode without LAN IP” is.

@ckirch,

Regarding 3). Our technical support engineer is following up with you now.

Regarding 4). IP address below will be accessible when you choose Bridge Mode. It will not accessible when you choose Bridge Mode, without LAN IP address

1 Like

Thank you! I am running several VLANs in my network (DHCP → Balance One).
Do I need to add all the LANs to the AP’s LAN → Network Settings → LAN list as well?
See Screenshots

@ckirch, not necessary. Ensure the SSID is tied to the repective VLAN will do.

2 Likes

OK, understand. So you mean, I just need to add all SSIDs for my 4 VLANs and add the suitable VLAN number to the AP SSID settings to each SSID.
Screenshot:

I.e. I don’t need to add an additional LAN for every of my SSIDs / VLANs but only need one LAN (untagged) on the AP AC One Mini?
Screenshot:

Do I need to activate DHCP Relay for the remaining one untagged LAN then (in bridge mode without IP)?
Screenshot:

@ckirch, you are correct.

DHCP Relay is not necessary.

1 Like