AP One Client Signal Strength Threshold

I updated my 3 AP ONE to the last version of firmware (3.3.10 build 1312)and I would like to know since I can form to achieve an effective roaming between these, using the Client Signal Strength Threshold option.Thanks.

Hi,

The value (Client Signal Strength Threshold) varies by each deployment as the following varies.

• the distance / power of the APs
  • the tolerance of the users
  • etc…

It would be best to do a check of the client RSSI on some locations to determine the best values for the deployment. Please use default value if you are not sure.

Hi TK,

What I want to do is to create a border where the access point liberates the client in order that this one connect with the following access point with better power, accelerating the process of roaming of the mobile equipments (tablets, PC, smartphones, etc).

My question is, the Client Signal Strength Threshold is a minimal value to associate to the access point or minimum to be liberated?

Thank you

Hi,

Client Signal Strength Threshold is a minimal value to associate to the access point.

You should adjust the AP TX power as well to reduce the overlapping.

Hi TK,
I fitted the the AP TX Power, nevertheless I observe that I have constant TX/RX Errors.
Can this be caused by the power? Or it can be for the igmp snooping?.
Thank you

Hi,

Please open ticket here for further investigation.