AP One AX losing WAN connection

I have a AP One AX connected to a BR2 Pro. Everything has been working fine, and randomly the AP One AX “went offline” for about 5 minutes, and then came back. This was a major inconvenience as all the users attached all lost wifi during that time. I checked the event log in the AP controller of the BR2, and it just says AP offline, and AP online at the respective times.

When i look at the event log of the AP One AX, this is what i see.
image.png

The BR2 is set up in load balance between 4 connections that have all remained online since we boot up.

Any ideas on what could have caused this to just randomly go offline for 5 minutes?

I’ve had that happen as well; in my case, two AP One AXs connected to a 20X. I tried different health check settings but ultimately disabled the health checks altogether and haven’t had issues. I’d prefer to have health checks in place, but didn’t want the outages to my Wifi clients.

If anyone has a similar setup and working health checks with no “phantom outages”, I’m all ears…

I will have to look at that as a possible fix for now. It concerns me that a health check couldn’t be completed. We had 4 active connections, a wan smoothing SpeedFusion tunnel for zoom on some lan clients that didn’t stop… all 4 connections are super fast and relatively low latency…. Just odd That it’s intermittent.

I have exactly the same problem on my Max BR 2 Pro and 4 x AP One AX Lite’s. The router is running 8.3.0 firmware and the APs are running 3.9.2.

I had that issue as well and found this to be the solution:

Where Controller Host is the BR2 IP.