Anyone see all wired ports on a B20X go out at once?

This is a weird one so sit back

We had a B20X installed with a WAN connected to wireless ISP and a VZW SIM for secondary at a site. It ran for a couple weeks but started randomly needing a power cycle to restore the wired ports. Go to swap it out with another B20X and about an hour later it does the same thing. OK, I power cycle and unplug all LAN ports and within an hour it fails again. I tried changing some of the WAN settings while trying to unplug LAN ports and it never reconnected.

Look at the logs and nothing really shows up but the unit booting. Also see that after the wired ports fail the log still shows the LAN ports as connecting/disconnecting after plugging/unplugging the cable back in. At that point I do a power cycle and it goes back to normal. So it does it on 2 B20X’s same conditions.

What if I unplug the WAN port, let it run on the cell radio and leave the cables plugged into the LAN ports? It ran fine all night. Possibly the POE injector right? That’s what I thought.

Before I left I plugged the POE back in and connected it to the WAN1 port on the original router we had there before the B20X’s. Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X. That ran fine all night as well.

I get it may not be specifically a Peplink router problem but I’m looking for ideas. I’m really leaning towards the POE adapter but I’d like a more definitive indication that would actually fix it. I didn’t have one with me at the time.

Ultimately I’ll run out there and swap the POE but you may hear a scream in the distance if that doesn’t fix it.

Thanks!

Is a device that is connected to your 20x outdoors?
If so do you have a ethernet surge protector in between it?

That’s on the ISP side so I’m not sure. Since you mention it I would guess it either failed or is non existent. It’s kind of hit or miss with our ISP’s.

Do you find the Peplinks B20x and Surf SOHO to be more susceptible to that? I realize anything is susceptible but some more than others.

I’ve deployed hundreds of 20x, I have see this have exactly one time.

I’m not quite at hundreds but it’s happened to one Surf SOHO a year or so ago and now one B20X.

Thanks

So you think you had a power surge ?