AirProbe Max Throughput?

Hi folks,

I picked up a AirProbe (PRB-AC3) for some network testing and discovered it seems to hit a wall around 250Mbps for iperf, and 150Mbps for speedtest.net, even over Ethernet.

Is this expected?

Thanks,
Jason

Can you share where is the location of the iperf host (server) and speedtest.net server?

Sure, the iperf server was on the LAN. The speedtest.net sever was San Jose, CA.

Being on WiFi or Ethernet didn’t make a significant difference, so it seems like I might be hitting a CPU limit on the airprobe.

Jason,

I did a throughput test with my Air Probe (older model with 100Mbps throughput only).

Download throughput with a Nuttcp server at the LAN - 91.87Mbps

Speed test throughput with speedtest.net - 87.10Mbps/95.01Mbps (Upload/Download)

Look like the throughput of my AirProbe is expected.

Can you help to do the further test below?

1. Power a Balance router (e.g. Balance 305 and above). Ensure the WAN interface of the Balance router is having the same subnet with your AirProbe.

2. Access to the Balance router. Go System > WAN Analysis > Click As a server.

3. Access to AirProbe. Perform a throughput test by using Nuttcp with Balance router. Please select Ethernet as the interface. Do let me know what throughput you got.

4. Access to AirProbe. Perform a throughput test by using speedtest.net. Ensure you choose the nearest speed test server. Please select Ethernet as the interface. Do let me know what throughput you got.

Question:

1. May I know what is the bandwidth of your WAN link?

Thanks.