We’ve got a Balance One running pretty well here at the office, but the QoS options aren’t sufficient. Is there a product (peplink or not) that would let me set up the following rules? The rules are presented in precedence order, I think:
- Upstream bandwidth should be capped at 19 Mbps
- Traffic to and from external host EXHOST_1 should be given lowest priority and even starved if need be. If there is no other traffic, it should be allowed to use all the bandwidth, however.
- Traffic to external host EXHOST_2 should have the highest priority and even be allowed to starve others.
- Traffic for such and such ip range should get next priority, but not quite be allowed to starve everyone else.
- Every other internal ip address should be guaranteed a minimum amount of down/up speed if it does not violate the above rules. Remaining bandwidth should be distributed evenly.
Is that kind of rule set something I could achieve with a smart switch or higher caliber Peplink router? Any suggestions? If you think I should be able to implement those policies with the Balance 305/380/580 products, can you outline the rules/settings you would use to get there?