Additional SOURCES to Outbound rules

When creating outbound rules I’d like to select a VLAN (LAN) as a source. This allows me to abstract my network by name and should I change the definition of that VLAN later I don’t have to chase down outbound rules to update definitions.

Secondly, I also suggest a source select for “IP Range” so I can use something like “192.168.1.20-192.168.1.30”

A port may also be an option (LAN1, LAN2) to cover anything connected to a port.

This will help improve the creation of outbound policies.

Use of Grouped Networks could likely achieve your goals of simplifying rules.

I don’t have that option in the Pepwave Max BR1 Pro 5G.

Grouped Networks work just fine on my Max BR1 Pro 5G. Probably not showing up because you dont have any defined yet.

Look under the Advanced tab left nav.

Hi Neal,

I just pulled a MAX BR1 Pro 5G off of the shelf, added to IC2, fired it up for the first time, and can see the Grouped Networks option.

From IC2;
Device Dashboard >Settings >Remote Web Admin
Once connected to the device, select Advanced (top nav bar)
Scroll down and on left nav bar, under Misc Settings, Grouped Networks is the second to last option.

For local login, start at line #2 above.

If you are still not seeing the option, please submit a Support ticket.

Yes, as pointed out above if you use Grouped Networks it will probably appear but I’m not using them and don’t see a need to for my needs. I’ll look into it to check again.

Personally I would rather peplink devote their engineering resources to other more valuable feature requests. Grouped Networks DO allow you to abstract the complexity of what addresses are included in a rule. You say your not using them but you asked for a feature which basically matches what it can do today. Maybe you SHOULD try it?