Add "switch to SIM B" button

Hi Team,

Please consider adding “switch to SIM A/B” button on MAX devices… We don’t have such tool currently. We can either change preferred SIM and wait until the modem changes SIM to preferred, and that sometimes just doesn’t happen, or use “SIM A/B only” which is quite risky if there is an issue with the backup SIM.

What I am trying to achieve is changing SIM instantly without risking loosing the connection when the other SIM fails.

Thanks

5 Likes

Do you want this displayed on the main dashboard so you would get some boxes you can select for each modem e.g. Force SIM A for at least 10 minutes

Sadly, it is not possible to not maintain an cellular connection on an individual modem while switching between SIMs as the switch requires that modem to reboot and connect to the cellular network in a separate session and even possible a different network.
If you require a constant session, a multi modem router utilising SpeedFusion will help over come the issues mentioned above.

Hi,

I do not require constant session. It is normal that the single-modem device looses connection while changing the SIMs.

What I need is a toggle to switch between the SIMs.
Currently there are two ways to achieve that:

• changing preferred SIM - but doesn’t always work for some reason,
  • using “SIM A/B only” - this is risky because if the desired SIM fails, you loose connection - the device won’t switch to the first SIM.

If I had this toggle I could easily switch between SIMs and if the desired SIM fails, the health check mechanism will discover it and switch back to the other SIM.

1 Like

A button somewhere next to a cellular connection at the dashboard, right? It’s like a toggle switch… every time it’s pressed, the router switches over to the other SIM.

5 Likes

That’ right :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for this feature, when diagnosing it would be helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Thanks for your feature request and this has been submitted to the engineering team. We will review this feature request.

5 Likes

Hello team,

Could you add a “swap sim” button on the Cellular Details interfaces for easy changing which card should be active? Today we need to force towards sim B, then after come back to the config and remove the forced config. Unnecessary pains…

Thanks !

8 Likes

Hi,
+1 for this feature.
Kind regards,
Sven

1 Like

Another +1 from us for this feature

2 Likes

Another +1 for this feature

2 Likes

Another vote for this feature.

A quick toggle to other SIM would be handy.

4 Likes

This would be very useful. And also an option to “prefer SIM A” would be helpful. I have a device set up with SIM A with a big data plan and SIM B as backup with a small data plan. At some point SIM A didn’t work so it failed over to SIM B and now is stuck on SIM B and won’t go back to A even though B has dropped a few times. It would be nice to be able to schedule an attempt to go back to A (e.g. at 2:00am if you’re on SIM B then try to fire up SIM A again and see if it is working) since SIM A is the preferred provider and data plan.

1 Like

+1 for this feature also! We use our MAX routers as mission critical devices. We can do with momentary connection loss, but an easier way to switch to another SIM would be very helpful.

1 Like

This would be very useful. And also an option to “prefer SIM A” would be helpful. I have a device set up with SIM A with a big data plan and SIM B as backup with a small data plan. At some point SIM A didn’t work so it failed over to SIM B and now is stuck on SIM B and won’t go back to A even though B has dropped a few times. It would be nice to be able to schedule an attempt to go back to A (e.g. at 2:00am if you’re on SIM B then try to fire up SIM A again and see if it is working) since SIM A is the preferred provider and data plan.

There is currently an option prefer either sim a or sim b, and to either go back to the preferred SIM after so many minutes idle or after so many minutes.

Although when testing or for whatever reason wanting an immediate switch, I’d also find it very useful to have a button to “switch sim now” without having to change the overall preference settings and then switch them back when things are normal.

1 Like

+1 for this feature, currently causing me major issues for a client this weekend, and I have spent all day working on this issue, just to get it to swap to SIM B. It shows up in InControl but that is the extent and what I can get out of the connection. Remote web admin never loads.

The client is so frustrated that they have now even powered off the device, so if I wanted to adjust any settings even offline regarding the cellular WAN connection is now impossible.