Access point monitoring

I have a customer that would like us to design an access point strategy for a large warehouse situation. My question is if Peplink has a device that can be installed onsite to allow monitoring of each access point without the need to purchase annual InControl subscriptions for each access point? This would be similar to the Dream Machine that Ubiquiti uses. This customer has a router in place that they do not want us to replace with Peplink so I would not be able to manage the access points through the router. Thanks in advance. Diagram below.

Wifi Job.png

Currently the access point controller is only built into physical router devices.
This means you would need to either manage each accesspoint individually, via incontrol2 , or via a physical router device.
If you wanted to use the physical router device simply as a access point controller we (as a pelink partner) can help you design the system to do this.
How many access points are you wanting to manage?

1 Like

Hello @Steve_Clark,
If you use a suitable-sized Peplink router that can handle the number of WAPs, the router can offer to manage and monitor the WAPs.

Out of interest, why do you not wnt to use Peplink’s InControl2 to do the monitoring?

Other options for monitoring include:

You can find a suitable certified Peplink Partner via the Peplink Website, @Jonathan_Pitts has put his hand up to help, Rising Connection is also experienced in this.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

I just don’t want to use InControl for EACH a/p because that would get expensive. Jonathan, not sure how many at this point. I need to walk the building and figure that out. I appreciate all the help here. I will get more info and get back.

A ballpark number is fine , 5 ,25 , 50 ,100?
I can look for the right model then.

OP have you considered self-hosted incontrol?