802.1x Support on LAN interfaces

It would be very useful if Peplink added .1x support to the physical LAN interfaces that’s already on the wireless side.

We now get requests in for devices which can support this for integration with services like Cisco ISE for endpoint authentication/protection. In order to control access and add port security which comes up quite often now in RFI/RFQ documents.

5 Likes

+1. Every grown up company I’ve talked to lately has asked about .1x on physical LAN ports and been disappointed its not currently supported by Peplink.

5 Likes

Hi
+1 from us also. Considering it is possible to control WLAN access via our NAC it would be great if we could do the same with the physical ports.

Regards
Dana

Hello Peplink Team,
We are a +1 for 802.1x support too, for the Enterprise space it has become a necessity.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have good news, we are testing 802.1x on peplink switches, however, its not live yet and still needs to be enabled on router LAN ports.

4 Likes

Hi Peter,
Is it officially on? We need this feature on various MAX devices.

1 Like

Is there any update on getting 802.1x on Max device wired ports? This is coming up all the time for us now, and we’re having to discount using Peplink devices because of it unfortunately, and frustratingly in scenarios where Peplink kit would be perfect for the requirements aside from this one thing.

3 Likes

We still look into it as it is not easy. This may involve changing of coding, driver, or additional chipset might be needed. We will keep you all updated.

4 Likes

Hi,

I can imagine that this is very difficult to implement, but this is is must-have-feature on a switch today. Please don’t forget that many NAC-Solutions will do that with SNMP, not everybody is using Radius for that.
We have a lot of questions on the MAX and Balance device to do NAC. Some with Radius and many with SNMP (Switch will send a SNMP-Trap witch the CLient-MAC-Address to the NAC-Server, the server will check the MAC and sends a SNMP write command to the Switch)

Same question is here: Dynamic port tagging on SD-SWITCH

Thanks
Dennis

1 Like

@TK_Liew any updates to what is happening with 802.1x? Will MBX platform support this and can you confirm that this in not coming to the HD-4?

Thanks

AL

2 Likes

We are looking for this feature too. We need this on interfaces of the routers.

Hi.
We are also looking for 802.1x on LAN ports as well. Any news?

Kind regards

Up!

UP and UP again

Any update on .1x on wired ports, it still comes up regularly for my organisation with customers and Peplink is down selected as a result.