8.2 and SpeedFusion Cloud

Something changed in the 8.2 code related to speedfusion cloud. I use my own SpeedFusion hub and do not utilize SpeedFusion Cloud. My device is now looking up your gateways several times a day, a new behavior. If this is expected, then no big deal, but I thought you should be aware.

Hi @C_Metz , yes this is the expected behavior, this is for us to keep track the servers and show user the server latency on Web Admin like this:

Unfortunately to stop this all SpeedFusion (not only the cloud) profiles need to be disabled, I’ll look into this and we should improve this to allow user to disable this tracking. Let me know if this is a concern for you, and see if there is anything I can help.

4 Likes

There should be a way to stop the tracking.

1 Like

@Steve +1 We need a way to disable latency checks on the speedfusion cloud location list if desired.

4 Likes

@Steve it should only check latency when defining a new SFC profile. Checking it many times a day when it’s not changing doesn’t provide value. Also if the data presented is not “current at the moment” then the reported values may be inaccurate (non-fixed usecase).

I recently added a SFC profile while traveling to Las Vegas and this data was useful then as I could see both LAX & SFO were similar latency. There is usefulness to this, but only at that point in time of creation.

1 Like