42G Antenna Extension on a boat

I am installing a 42g on the hardtop of a boat. If I mount if flush, the adjacent solar panels and radar will block direct-line reception. Should I mount it higher? And if so, will a standard 1" diameter marine antenna extension work, or do I need something different? Thanks!

From the data sheet: “Supports standard maritime 1” 14 TPI thread mount and also has an L-shape mount for non-standard installations", so yes, a standard 1" antenna mount/mast will work. I would not mount it at the same level as the radar.

1 Like

Thanks for this information. But if you look at the attached photo you will see that there are no threads under the antenna for connection to a 1" threaded mount. What am I missing? Thanks!

You need the ACW-651 adapter. See https://download.peplink.com/resources/peplink_premium_deck_mounts_datasheet.pdf

1 Like

Do you know if the 1.25" ACW-651 and ACW-653 adapters will accommodate the bulk 7 cables that the Mobility 42G antenna comes with?

Hi Jeff,

yes, the you can pass though all 7 MB-42G cables via ACW-651 and ACW-653. We have released ACW-653 adapter to make use you can use all currently available Mobility antenna series.

just note that you are usually better off getting the maritime antennas due to polarization.

Having installed many of these, I can say that it will accommodate the cables, but you have to be very careful, and lubricate them to get them through. Getting them back out can be difficult.

Here is the antenna that I ordered:

• Peplink Mobility 42G, 7-in-1 5G Ready Cellular and Wi-Fi Antenna System with GPS Receiver, IP68, SMA, 16ft/4.8m, White | ANT-MB-42G-S-W-16

Thanks for the install tip. :+1:

Yes, right, I see what you ordered, but its not the maritime antenna which is a vertical antenna with better polarization for a boat, especially if it rocks back and forth.

I cancelled the order for the Mobility 42G and ordered the Pepwave 40G Maritime Antenna. I will post how the install goes. Thanks for pointing out the mistake before I installed the wrong antenna. :+1::+1: