40g antenna?

Hello,

I am looking at the 40g antenna and am curious as to the frequency dispersion on the cables. Are all four cables the same output or are the frequency bands split among the cables? Aside from the GPS output, can any of the four cable(s) be used for WiFi input?

Thanks,
Orlando

Hi Orlando,

40G antenna has 5 antennas inside (4x LTE/5G + 1x GPS). Each internal antenna can work independently. Also, all internal LTE/5G antennas are identical supporting full LTE/5G frequency range.

Since the 40G antenna is wide-band, you can also use it for Wi-Fi as well (2.4GHz and 5GHz).

I am not sure whether you were talking about Maritime series or Mobility series. In case it is about Mobility series, then we have more options available such as MB-42G (4xLTE/5G + 2x Wi-Fi + GPS) or MB-22G (2xLTE/5G + 2x Wi-Fi + GPS). You can find them all listed in our WEB page.

Hello,

Sorry, I was talking about the Maritime version. I can still use the 42g for this as well, but my concern is the area of the antenna isn’t great enough to amplify low signal levels as well as the 40g can. Is this a real concern or does the 42g perform as well as the 40g in low signal areas.

Thanks,
Orlando

Hi Orlando,

can you tell us more about your planned installation? Below are some questions for reference.

What router you intend to use? What connectivity distance you want to achieve from the coast line? What ship/yacht size you have and where do you plan to install antennas and the router? Wi-Fi is needed for Wi-Fi WAN or for local coverage or for both?

This will help to better understand to whole picture and give you an advice :wink:

Hello,

Small boat 50’ but that doesn’t matter for the question above. The 42g or 40g would be mounted on the radar arch high above all else. I am currently using a Max BR1 Mini but plan on upgrading to the Pro 5g.

With the Pro 5g I was thinking of using two antenna’s the 40g for cellular reception and another for WiFi. Since there are two wifi ports on the 5g, I also wanted to use and external antenna and a small antenna in the cabin for wifi. I would like to get rid of the 3rd party router I currently have behind the BR1.

With my current setup I am using another router behind the BR1 for local wifi and the BR1 is only used for failover between WiFi and Wan input.

Thanks
Orlando

Hi Orlando,

for your setup I would just go with the MB-42G. It includes all LTE, Wi-Fi and GPS antennas and it is a perfect match for BR1 Pro 5G for the future upgrade. In this review you can find some feedback about MB-42G antenna.

In case you prefer the MR-40G option, then for Wi-Fi you can use either MR-20G or MB-02.

• Both BR1 Mini and BR1 Pro 5G has 2x Wi-Fi antenna connectors. So there is no need for MR-40G, which has 4x antennas.
  • MB-02 was designed for Wi-Fi and you can directly connect to any Peplink router.
  • The MB-20G, will work with Wi-Fi as well, but you will need SMA female to RP-SMA male adapters.

Lastly, please try to make sure you use as short cable as possible. Long cables add loss and degrades the signal.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you, for the sake of easy installation I am going to go with the 42g.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Regards,
Orlando

1 Like