32bit FusionHub

Can We have a 32bit FusionHub version ? I don’t know why in VirtualBox I can’t see the option to add Linux 64bit. Only I have 32bit guest operating systems selectable ?!

Maybe this is because I’m running it on VPS hosting service ?

any Idea ?

I also came across this in my initial testing of FusionHub. Here is the answer and fix.

"From the manual:

VirtualBox supports 64-bit guest operating systems, even on 32-bit host operating systems, provided that the following conditions are met:

You need a 64-bit processor with hardware virtualization support (see the section called “Hardware vs. software virtualization”).

You must enable hardware virtualization for the particular VM for which you want 64-bit support; software virtualization is not supported for 64-bit VMs.

If you want to use 64-bit guest support on a 32-bit host operating system, you must also select a 64-bit operating system for the particular VM. Since supporting 64 bits on 32-bit hosts incurs additional overhead, VirtualBox only enables this support upon explicit request."

Hope that helps!

Thank you Kevin for your comments.
Actually I have read this article today but the problem is that this is a VPS and I haven’t enough control on the server BIOS to enable hardware visualization !
I think the VPS itself is also a virtualized server and running virtual machine into a virtual machine may not be supported.

Even I haven’t any chance to run FusionHub using Vmware and Hyper-V on this VPS. finally decided to cancel it and move to get a dedicated server from 1&1.

Thanks - Hootan