24-Port-SD-850W Switch Requests

Thanks for the comments.

We do support the LACP request. Please find the screenshot below.

2 Likes

Thanks TK. I didn’t see this. I can’t seem to see this page as I am managing this switch via InControl2? Even when I log in it doesn’t allow me to see switch ports as it says the device is obviously being managed via InControl2. What am I missing?

LACP can be configured via InControl2 in Q2 of this year. Temporary you need to configure on the Peplink Switch.

2 Likes

I see ok thank you TK.

Hi Team,
First off, terrific job on the new 24 port switches! I have gotten nothing but really good feedback from my clients who have purchased them.

Secondly, is there an approximate release date of the 8 and 48 port versions just yet?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is my first time working with a Managed switch.
Fooled arround with a netgear managed switch in the past but gave up. Since I really like the easy UI from Peplink and its rock solid performance. I gave the Pwplink Switch a try.

So far I have spend at least 10 hours with this thing to get it working. First of all its lacking a basic user manual to get started there is a manual in the works but it still has a long way to go.

Frankly I am a bit disapointed with regards to the funktionality. Sure it has an easy UI, dual power supply and POE on 24 ports. It might be my inexperience with Vlan’s that might unlock other options.

And where do I set “Tags” ?

Hello @ScooterIT,
We have been provisioning our customers SD Switches via InControl2 and found them a breeze with all of the VLANs also been done through InControl2. To date we’ve not done any configuring directly with the device management pages, though we have opened them up to have a look…

We realise that the SD Switches are on the first release version of firmware, to us that shows that Peplink plan to do a lot more further development with the range considering the available overheads in the devices.

The best thing we can all do is to continue letting the Peplink team know of improved features that are required in the field with the models, be that with the direct admin console or the InControl2 side.

For us we are hanging out on the smaller port sizes (right now we wish we could get about thirty with only 8 ports and the management that Peplink’s InControl2 offers), we currently are using for our customer a small form 8 port switch from another vendor in there professional range and the devices have been letting us down and have no simple remote management, so we are watching this space closely for news and developments from Peplink.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: We could as well use 5-8 Port PoE-SD-Switches for mobile deployments on trains, public transport or marine deployments. Guess how easy it would be to deploy Pepwave AP’s with multiple VLANs connected to a Balance or MAX - all from incontrol. The MAX-SD-Switch 5/8 should have a terminal connector for power as well as an external ac power supply. And please add a M12 Version on my wish list.
Theo

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey TK,

Any idea of a timeframe on release of 8 & 48 port switches as well as spanning tree?

Thanks,

TJ

2 Likes

These are still in progress. Stay tuned.

1 Like

TK,

If possible, please tell the team to leave minimum of 2 dedicated uplink ports for new 8, 48, and 2nd revision 24 port. If not oh well but this is crucial IMO. IMO you are competing with Cisco SG series and they all have dedicated uplinks.

Regards,

TJ

2 Likes

Do we have any update on the 8 or 48 port options?
Thanks

1 Like

They were showcased at the partner summit in Hong Kong.

BR
Mandy

I saw them in the video footage of the event but I was wondering when they will be released for purchase?

Any updates regarding Port Security??

Will there be a M12 version of the SD-WAN switch?

As I cannot get any info on this from another post, can you tell me once power is applied, exactly how long does it take to boot and become operational supplying POE to devices?

@BeachComber1: We have one here. Give me 3-4 hours and we’ll test it and let you know.
-=-=-=-
Update: From cold power-down to delivering POE and forwarding 1:50 was required for the 24 port, 850W switch.

2 Likes

Thank you. I do not understand why switches like this take so long to startup. I am at 4:00 even on a Dell X1052p. While 1:50 cuts the time in half, I still feel like there should be units I am missing that could cut down on that startup time tremendously. If my router can be operational in 20 seconds, the penalty on the switch is just far too unacceptable.

Yes, I know UPS, etc. But I continue to have incremental issues that take me down over 5 minutes until the Access Points are up and operational.