20X connection issue in HA

Hello,

Does anyone know of any Peplink specific reason why I’m unable to connect two Balance 20X to my network in the same way I previously connected two BR1 Pros? In both cases, I have the two units configured as a HA pair. See image for the schematic.

Thanks,

Felix

Hello, Dan.
About you topology.

High Availability
Yes ^
^, Requires PrimeCare Subscription, complimentary for the first year

Do you have PrimeCare on both 20X?

3 Likes

Really ? is there an issue with HA and not having primecare

I know an active issue with HA and Virtual WAN (have an case with peplink )

Followin

HA_table.jpg

The High Availability functionality for the B20X requires active PrimeCare (see the remarks section at Peplink.com - Model Comparison,
^ Requires PrimeCare Subscription, complimentary for the first year")

Cheers,

Z

1 Like

@Dan_Couvrette nice diagram, thankyou for doing this.

@MarceloBarros and @zegor_mjol great response, I’ll add to my cheat sheet that the 20x HA requires primecare.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the response. Apologies for getting back to you so late! Things came up and this was pushed down the order :slight_smile:

Yes, prime care is active and working.
I should be a bit clearer on what goes wrong:

(The switches are configured to auto-trunk and auto-LAG in both of the following scenarios (all configuration automatically from the switch)).

With the BR1s, I connected switch 1 to LAN 1 and switch 2 to LAN 2 on both devices. The switches did not make any automatic changes to VLAN designations when doing this. Now, when I try the same with the 20X, the switches automatically change the VLAN designation of the ports that have been connected to the routers.

So, the routers go from being connected to VLAN10 and everything on that VLAN having internet access to being moved to VLAN01 by the switch and included in the LAG1 group. Nothing then – obviously - able to connect to the internet. The switches also start making changes to the interconnect Auto-Trunk settings.
I tried designating the ports connected to the router as trunk ports and I tried creating a second LAG group and assigning those ports to that group instead. These solutions either didn’t work or were not allowed/reset by the switch.

So, to add:
image.png

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Felix