2.4 Ghz Health Check Failing

I have a Max Transit Duo Pro (primary) and a BR1 5G (secondary) in Synergy mode, new setup.

The TDP is the dedicated AP, the BR1 is the dedicated WiFi WAN (Pretty sure, at least. Thats how I want it to be…)

I cannot get the 2.4 WAN connection to hold a consistently healthy health check. It will be healthy for a few seconds on occasion but will spend most of the time Unhealthy.

I’ve tried all the health check options and I’m currently running http to Apple Captive and to an AWS S3 bucket I have. I’ve set:

• Timeout=5
  • Interval=5
  • Retries=3
  • Recovery=1

I’m currently at home, so I have control over the Wi-Fi its connecting to.
Signals are very strong and nothing exotic is configured on the network.
If I disable health check on 2.4, it seems to work fine.
What’s driving me especially crazy is that the 5GHz radio is connected to the exact same AP and has never missed a health check on all the methods.

…any tips outside of disable 2.4 health check?

Maybe a discovery…

I run TP-Link Omada as the WiFi source - I noticed that the 2.4 GHz Health Check tends to fail when this is observed by Omada on the client information (Peplink is the client in this scenario):

• Power Save: Enabled

On the 5 GHz, it is disabled and while messing with some settings, I was able to kick the connection to a different AP that started passing health checks - also on that connection, it was disabled.

Is there a way to disable “Power Save” on the Peplink wifi connection?

I suppose I could dig into disabling on the Omada, but I’ll likely encounter a campground WiFi in the future…so would rather leave Omada as is and figure out a solution on the Peplink.

just a thought, but what do you have under the Standby State in the WAN section of the WiFi uplink?
make sure its on Remains Connected and not Disconnect (I suspect thats what cause the power saving mode to enable).

Also that Power Save option sounds like its generated by your TP-Link? see if the above changes it to remain on and not power saving, and if its not automagically change, see in your TP controller how to disable the feature.