10G SFP+ Module for B2500 and SD-Switch

Dear Guys,

Could you advise on the best recommended and compatible SFP module both for Balance 2500 and SD switch?
Also let me know if we can order these modules through Peplink?

Thanks

B2500
List of SFP+ Modules Passed the Test with Peplink Balance 2500
http://www.peplink.com/knowledgebase/sfp-module-compatibility-list/

For Peplink Switch, we will update you shortly.

1 Like

Can we buy these items from Peplink?

1 Like

Let me check on this and update you.

1 Like

@Hootan_Rastkar

No plan to include SFP+ modules/Transceivers for the purchase. You need to get it from outside vendor.

I will get back to you on Peplink Switch tested SFP+ module/transceiver later.

1 Like

@Hootan_Rastkar did you face any issues using or sourcing these SFP+ modules in the field?

1 Like

Not actually, but I need to make sure about the full compatibility before buying any module to prevent any issue in the future.

1 Like

I’m using FS.com 10Gb for RCC and B3.

1 Like

Can you clarify what is this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, i use these

3m (9.8ft) 10G SFP+ Passive Direct Attach Copper Twinax Cable 30AWG #30862 $13/ea(1906 pcs in stock)
1m(3.3ft) 10G SFP+ Passive Direct Attach Copper Twinax Cable 30AWG #30849 $11/ea(1058 pcs in stock)
Generic Compatible 10GBASE-SR SFP+ 850nm 300m DOM Transceiver #11552 $16/ea(1552 pcs in stock)
1M LC UPC to LC UPC Duplex 2.0mm PVC(OFNR) 10G OM4 Multimode Fiber Optic Patch Cable #40180 $2.8/ea(463 pcs in stock)
3M LC UPC to LC UPC Duplex 2.0mm PVC(OFNR) 10G OM4 Multimode Fiber Optic Patch Cable #40233 $4/ea(327 pcs in stock)

1 Like

from fs.com (go to fgs.com and enter the part numbers above)

Hi Team, we would also be very interested in learning what the certified SFP modules are for the switches. This is a very popular question that comes up when discussing the switches. Very exciting!

-Jon Grote
Frontier Computer

1 Like

According to our Switch SoC provider, it supports the SFP+ transceiver which is compliant with SFF-8431.
We have tested with the followings:
Netgear AXM761
Intel FTLX8571D3BCV-IT
Intel FTLX1471D3BCV-IT
Finisar FTLX8573D3BTL
Finisar FTLX1371D3BCL
We will keep update the list, Thanks

3 Likes

Sorry Keith, RCC and B3 are the customers that we used the cables from fs.com with.

1 Like

Is there an updated list of known working transceivers specifically single-mode for SFP+? Also, do you know if there are any 1Gbps SFP modules which are compatible with the SD-Switch?

@nikolaus, these are the SFP+ we tested so far.

This is the single-mode SFP+

• Intel FTLX1471D3BCV-IT

Can you share the used case of 1Gbps SFP? Fyi, SD-Switch is a gigabit switch. Hence, the fiber uplink ports should support 10Gbps for a common practice.

1 Like

Thanks for the updated list- I really appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

As for 1Gbps, my team deploys networks at events and conferences and sometimes link to switches that aren’t ours with SFP transcievers so knowing any that work could be helpful… I understand if that’s not something worth a lot of R&D time and is more of a nice to know question

1 Like

Guys, I think it’s better for Peplink to sell the certified and compatible SFP module in the online cart as the accessory for SD-Switch and B2500.

Any comment?

Regards/Hootan

2 Likes

Very interesting idea and am curious to see how this pans out :):slightly_smiling_face:

Is there any update on tested/supported SFPs on the switch?