Sanity check before ordering / Bonding cable internet + 5G

Hello,

I would appreciate you feedback about the following setup I intend to order for my home with crappy connectivity options. My aim is to bond a cable internet service (upload is limited to 10 mbps and gets congested from time to time) and a 5G tethered android phone.

Location with crappy internet:

• Balance 305 (Used, apparently HW2). Maximum Speedfusion bonding 150 mbps. ($450)

Family home with symmetrical fiber and no transfer limit:

• SpeedFusion Connect Relay. Maximum Speedfusion bonding 100 mbps. ($199)

How do I confirm that the Balance 305 is really revision HW2? Do I need any kind of extra subscription to establish the Speedfusion tunnel? Should I use a different set of hardware?

Thanks,

Felipe

Here is an article for the balance revision.

Personally I’d recommend a balance 20x instead of the used 305 for the same price, and it will come with the speed fusion cloud subscription.

We are a peplink partner and can help you with the items that you want to order. Send me a pm and I’m happy to help.

Thanks for your reply.

The Balance 20x looks interesting. I was just a bit worried about the need for a recurring Primecare subscription that could lapse, but now see that Primecare can be renewed at any time.

The public speedfusion server look like a great alternative to setting up a node, sadly they tend to get blocked rather quickly as VPN services by media services (Netflix, online cable tv service, etc).